Friday, March 4, 2011

Scoot, crawl, walk.

It's a bit of a "what was I thinking?!" moment: the realization that I'm about to have two walking children. It's totally exciting and I can't wait until Haven is able to walk on her own, but at the same time, I am kinda freaking out about it. My only hope is that Sonja will continue to be a wonderful big sister and will help me corral her little sis. 


I have an image in my mind of arms full of grocery bags and two hyped-up toddlers going in two different directions as we make our zig-zagged way across the parking lot, back to the car. Yikes. If you know me, you know my trepidation surrounding parking lots and you'll know why this might cause me to break out in a bit of a sweat. I must remember to be calm...


In the meantime, I'm just enjoying watching Haven crawl everywhere with her cute little one-foot-one-knee scoot. Sonja crawled in the exact same way and it's a hoot to watch. Haven can now follow her sister all over the house, much to Sonja's delight. 


The girls often end up playing together in Sonja's room while I tidy up or make supper. It's all Sonja's idea: I'll hear her coaxing Haven along, "Come on, Haven, come on!" and when Haven finally crawls into the bedroom, Sonja will close the door behind them. She does love a captive audience...











No comments:

Post a Comment