Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cookies.


Peter and Sonja decided the best way to start the weekend was to make cookies. Chocolate chocolate almond... mmm. No arguments here.


Such a simple and fun thing to do. Sonja must have tasted every single ingredient; sometimes it's hard to convince her that things like baking powder, cocoa and flour only taste good once they are mixed in with everything else. As usual with Sonja, she would rather see for herself than take us at our word.


My Mom is a great baker and I have so many fond memories of a house filled with the scent of cookies, bread, cakes and all manner of other tasty treats. I always had homemade cookies in my school lunches, much to the envy of many of my friends; they had great trading value, I'll tell you that. I must say that most of the time, I'd rather bake than cook, and I'm sure I owe that entirely to my Mom. 


Hope you all have a great weekend. I'll have a cookie (or three) for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment