Wednesday, March 9, 2011

And on the flip side, good riddance.


I wrote yesterday about Sonja's Soose and how the fact that she is giving it up for good has left me feeling a little sad. Well, I'm also pretty happy that the Soose has made it's exit. 





I will no longer have to tear the house apart searching for a Soose. This always seemed to happen when I knew there were at least six or seven Sooses in the rotation and it was as if they all decided to disappear at once just to watch me lose my freakin' mind. Down on all fours looking under the couch, tearing off the couch cushions to look underneath, rifling through diaper bags, dumping out toy boxes... thank goodness those days are finally over.






I will also no longer have to hunt for Sooses online. The brand of Soose that Sonja liked mysteriously vanished from every store shelf in town, so my only option was to buy them from the US. Not ideal, but I bought dozens of them, knowing how often they get lost and need to be replaced. No more of that, and I couldn't be happier.




And as much as it's sad that Sonja's babyhood feels officially behind us, I'm really excited that she is now free of her Soose-crutch. Without a Soose to run to, Sonja can now work on developing new ways of communicating about and working on the spaces that her Soose used to fill. We are entering uncharted territory here, people...




Bye-bye, Soose. You were a huge help and thank you very much, but you will definitely not be missed.






For today's post, I tried to find non-Soose photos to compliment yesterday's Soose photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment