Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The little things.

Spending so much time watching what is going on in Japan and feeling very stressed and helpless and overwhelmed. What a difference a week makes. It's not as if we didn't have a care in the world, but there has been a marked change in the outlook expressed by many of my friends, both in person and online. The magnitude of destruction and the uncertainty and dread surrounding the nuclear plants has set the world on edge. 


We have windstorms in Victoria all the time, but last night as I listened to the howling and the pelting rain, I felt if not unsafe, then ill at ease. I usually feel very snug in my bed with the weather raging outside, but all I felt last night was unbalanced.


This time last week, we had just got home from playing at Kindergym. It was especially fun since Peter came along. These photos definitely cheer me up and make me appreciate the little things and the special moments.










No comments:

Post a Comment