Monday, October 31, 2011

The butterfly and the lion.







I honestly didn't think that Haven would wear the lion's-head hood. I thought she would tear at it with her little hands, squealing and screaming to take it off. But something funny happened when she saw Sonja dressed as a butterfly: she totally got it. She even stood in front of the mirror and started roaring. And then she roared all through the park on our walk.







This is the walk we took before supper and before trick-or-treating. I wanted to make sure I got a bunch of pics while there was still daylight. And the girls were so cute; Sonja kept hugging Haven and Haven kept roaring and wanted to hold hands. Adorable.







Later on, the girls charmed the entire neighbourhood and amassed quite an impressive amount of loot. I had to limit Sonja to two mini chocolate bars and one box of raisins. Haven just wanted the raisins and was reduced to tears when I told her she couldn't take them with her into the bath. Turns out she was beyond exhausted and fell asleep almost immediately when I put her to bed. ...Fringe benefit of an over-stimulating evening.


Happy Hallowe'en!








3 comments:

  1. They are just so cute! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went really well! Great costumes, and great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like Sonia is in the middle of a rap (the first photo of her)! You go Homegirl! Or should I saw buttafly girl.... Very cute indeed.

    ReplyDelete