Friday, January 7, 2011

Something different.

Peter is away for a week and as usual when he's gone, I am trying to keep busy.  Often when he's gone, we go to Strong Start pretty much every day in the mornings, then home for lunch, naps and then a dog walk or maybe some grocery shopping in the afternoon.  He's been gone a day and I'm already bored.

Up early this morning to a barking dog (barking for no discernible reason, I might add), I thought about going about my regular routine and decided I just didn't feel like it.  I needed to get out of the house, but to do something a little different...  After a great cup of Earl Grey, I knew what to do.


I am taking my in-laws up on their offer and we are staying with them overnight at their home in Mill Bay.  Thank goodness for new environs and extra hands.













After lots of play and a good supper, it was time for bath and bed.  I'm always a little nervous when we sleep away from home, but I packed the girls' own blankets and pillows and as many comforts from home as I could think of to make sleeping in a strange bed easier.  OK, I'll be honest: I packed as much as the car would carry and I would have brought more, but Jett came with us and he took up the hatchback.  



Both girls are in bed now and I don't think it will be long before I follow suit.  If the weather is nice tomorrow, we're sure to have a day full of dog walks, swing sets and sand boxes.  I'd better rest up.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you went there, having a change of pace is always good and it is wonderful to have great inlaws to be with and like you said the extra hands. I remember when we went there and it was also such a serene and beautiful place. Enjoy your time away!

    ReplyDelete