Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow, snack, sunglasses.

Well, I think I was the only one who didn't know the forecast, because I was sure I was going to wake up this morning to a winter wonderland.  Instead, when Haven woke me up at 3am, the sound of the pounding rain on the skylights was deafening.  

I am so happy that I brought Sonja out of her bed before she went to sleep last night to let her watch the falling snow.  I love it when it snows at night.  I love turning off all the lights and standing at the window, looking out on the whitening world.  Sonja was equally delighted.



So when I heard the rain in the middle of the night, I was disappointed for Sonja.  She took it rather well, but I was really looking forward to a snow day.  Instead we had breakfast, walked Jett and then went into town to do some shopping. 


I made some hummus and we had a picnic snack on the living room floor while Jett drooled and Sonja entertained us by wearing my sunglasses and a reflective armband as a necklace.







 Who knew a reflective armband could be so chic?  My little trendsetter.



No comments:

Post a Comment