Monday, January 24, 2011

Deceit.

Just before Christmas I posted about Sonja's love for her Muppet Babies figurines. Gonzo was the stand-out at the time, but Kermit, Fozzy and Miss Pig (as Sonja calls her) have all had their turn as the favourite. Miss Pig was lost for a week or so recently and when Sonja finally found her in a bag of blocks, there was much rejoicing.


Of course, all four friends had to come with us to my in-laws' place this past weekend and they made their journey after Sonja placed them lovingly into her green-felt Easter Bunny bag. As all of Sonja's toys know, if you make it into the green-felt Easter Bunny bag, you're somebody. Miss Pig took it one step further: while her cohorts rode in the Easter Bunny bag, she rode with Sonja in her car seat. Yes, Miss Pig is currently leading the Muppet Babies' popularity poll.


When we arrived in Mill Bay, Sonja brought Miss Pig into the house first thing, while all the other toys were brought in later. Sonja immediately started playing with all the other little toys that stay at my in-laws' place and Miss Pig became lost in the crowd. We all settled in and I brought all our stuff inside while the girls played. A little while later, Sonja wondered aloud where Miss Pig had gone and I said I didn't know, but that she would turn up. 



Well, I think Joyanna and I noticed at the same time that there were tiny pink fragments lying under the dining-room table... Tiny pink Miss Pig fragments. Seems that Jeff and Joyanna's puppy Otis found Miss Pig and decided she would make a good chew toy. We quickly disposed of the evidence and then the deceit began.


Deceit, you ask? Yes, deceit. As soon as this all happened (we're talking within minutes), I quickly hopped on eBay and bought a replacement Miss Pig. I then told Sonja that Miss Pig was lost again, but I was sure we'd see her soon. Joyanna just followed my lead, bless her; I really don't want my almost-three-year-old daughter to catch me in a lie. Sigh.


When we left and came home yesterday, Sonja again asked for Miss Pig, this time with urgency, since she was afraid we would forget her. I told her that everything was packed away in the car and we would get everything out once we were home. ...I never actually said that Miss Pig was in the car. When we arrived home, Sonja looked in her green-felt Easter Bunny bag, then looked at me and exclaimed "Miss Pig!" I said, "Well, it looks like we lost her again, but we found her before, right? She'll turn up again, don't worry." And Sonja agreed that we would find Miss Pig again.


Yikes. I'm really just trying to avoid seeing this face:




Wouldn't you??



No comments:

Post a Comment