Monday, November 15, 2010

Just bring everything.

Gone are the days of throwing a few clothes and toiletries in a bag and dashing out the door for three days of fun and adventure.  More like spending three hours checking items off a ridiculously long list (a tiny percentage of those items being my own), packing them Tetris-style into the back of the truck and getting out the door an hour later than we'd hoped.  And I still forgot some things.

I'm a crazy over-packer.  Even those "few" clothes and toiletries I mentioned would have included at least two outfits worth of clothes and a coat I would never end up needing on the trip.  But with two kids, it's moved into the realm of ridiculous.  We are in Tofino for three nights and thank goodness our rented suite has laundry or I would have had to bring my extra-large suitcase just for the girls' clothes.

I'm pretty excited to be out of my normal environment (home, playgroup, dog park, grocery store, home, etc.) and I can't wait to take the girls to the beach tomorrow and watch Sonja play in the sand and get blown around in the wind.  This is Tofino in November after all, so there will be plenty of wind and rain.  

I can't wait to see the photos that will come out of this trip and I will make sure to share the picks of the litter.  Here are a few to get things started:

Nap time on the road.  Notice the truck seatbelt draped over her arm, just to be safe.

"Get me outta here..."

Island Highway traffic.

Steering the ship.


Goats in Coombs!  Not on the roof, but still fun to see.



The Coombs store was a hit, to say the least.

2 comments:

  1. Your daughter is ADORABLE. I am a notorious over-packer. My mother is a over-packer and so was my grandma. It must be in the genes. Have fun on your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! I remember that store in Coombs. Magic! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete