Sunday, November 7, 2010

You awake, Mama?

Ah, the time change.  I miss being able to enjoy getting an extra hour of sleep when the clocks revert to Standard time.  Toddlers and babies do not play by these rules.  It wasn't all bad; Sonja woke me at 5:45 and I convinced her to cuddle with me until Haven woke up at 6:30.  

Sonja was really just humouring me.  I mean, she loves to cuddle in bed with Mama, but she was wide awake and merely waiting until I was finally ready to get up.  She was squirmy and soft and she said adorable things.  I was lucky to get a couple minutes of dozing in between her adjusting her position and thinking up a new question, but I loved every minute of it, because I miss being able to snuggle with her. 

Don't get me wrong: I couldn't be happier that both my kids sleep in their own beds, but there really is nothing sweeter than cuddling in bed with a sleeping baby.  ...Until they start throwing elbows and sleeping diagonally in the bed and you wake up clinging to the edge with a sliver of blanket and ice-cold feet.  

Yup.  Having them in their own beds totally wins.

Sonja, at five-weeks old.
Haven, at three-weeks old.

No comments:

Post a Comment