Wednesday, February 23, 2011

All in how you look at it.

I'd heard it was supposed to snow sometime soon, but I never imagined that when I woke up this morning I would see a two-foot snow drift on the deck. And it's only getting bigger.

This is the kind of snow I dreamed of as a kid. The kind that falls all day long, crunches satisfyingly underfoot and piles high on even the skinniest branch. The non-slushy stuff.

As I stood at the window to take in the stillness of the morning, overloaded branches randomly scattered throughout the neighbourhood began to suddenly give way with the accumulation, dumping their snow onto sidewalks, driveways, roads and lawns. And now the wind is helping, gusting up from time to time and blowing huge, white clumps out of the Garry Oaks. It's beautiful to watch.

But then again, I don't have to be anywhere, so I don't have to drive in it. 









No comments:

Post a Comment