Sunday, December 11, 2011

Return of the pink tree.


Sonja thought the Christmas-tree fun was all done, but I knew better. She had completely forgotten about her very own pink-glitter Christmas tree that my friend Kate sent her last year. When I brought it down today, set it up in her room and called her in, she was delighted. I could tell right away that she recognized it, but she wanted me to tell her again how it came to be hers.


The one big difference from last year was that Sonja insisted on decorating her pink tree. We gathered up a few ornaments and some tinsel and her tree is now properly dressed. And when Haven finally listened to me and stopped tugging at the silver garland, all was perfect.


But my favourite part of the whole thing had to be after bath time when I discovered that Sonja had unplugged her pink tree, brought it into the living room and plugged it back in; she wanted to be able to see it while she and Haven watched Little Bear. I had been finishing cleaning the kitchen and hadn't even noticed what she was up to. We all had a laugh over it, although I had to insist that Sonja leave her pink tree in her room from now on; I have visions of Haven trying to lug it around...



No comments:

Post a Comment