Sunday, December 12, 2010

Pigtails and Christmas trees.

By all accounts, today was a big day.  I made blueberry-lemon pancakes for breakfast, which is always a good start, but then it got better.

We have never cut Sonja's hair, not once.  She has very shaggy, curly wisps in the back and her bangs are still quite short.  A baby mullet, if you will.  Adorable, really.  The thing is, she never lets me do anything with it; no ponytails, no pigtails, nothing.  I put a ponytail in once and she was not impressed, so I never tried again.  Well, on a whim this morning, I asked if she would like pigtails and she said "yes".  I couldn't believe it and I thought that once I started putting them in, she would change her mind, but no.  So I needed photographic proof of this quasi-miracle:


I don't actually think it could get much cuter.

Later on, we decided to go out and buy our Christmas tree up at UVIC in support of the Vikes.  Good thing their trees were undercover, what with tremendous amount of rain we had overnight.  Not only that, but these guys are runners.  Standing around selling Christmas trees in the rain in your track pants with no body fat can make for a cold and lousy day.



Sonja was a very careful inspector.

"What are we doin', Mama?"

Kickin' tires.

"That's a whole lotta trees..."

A good time was had by all.
  
I just love putting up the Christmas tree and this year was particularly fun.  This is the first year that Sonja has taken more than a passing interest in the tree.  She woke up from her nap and I had already strung the lights and she was pumped.  We placed all the ornaments and put on the tinsel and she had the greatest time.  She is seriously smitten with the Christmas tree, and once we were finished decorating, she just stood beside it, not wanting to leave.  I told her she could sit beside it if she would be more comfortable, so she sat.  Just so cute.






Besides decorating, my absolute favourite thing about having a Christmas tree in the house is the incredible smell.  Smells like Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. It's finally happened! Sonia with long enough hair for pig-tails. Very very cute. I'll be sorry to miss out on all the house-hold excitement at Christmas this year. Enjoy the lovely smells of Spruce parfum, and the smiles of those two girls!

    ReplyDelete