Monday, December 13, 2010

Date stamp.

I have this thing with dates: I love to look back and think about what I was doing on a particular day, a day that in the future would be a significant date.  For example, Sonja was born February 21st, 2008, so I often think about what I may have been doing on that date in previous years.  I already know that for the rest of my life February 21st will be Sonja's birthday, but in years past it was just another day.


One of the greatest things about digital images is that they are always date-stamped, which means I can look back on all my photos and see what we were up to at certain times of the year.  This morning, while looking through a bunch of images, I came across some that are date-stamped April 6th, 2008.  Sonja was a month-and-half old, and a good friend of mine took some photos of Peter, Sonja and I as we were watching a trail-running race out at Royal Roads University:








I like to imagine what my reaction would be if someone had walked up and told me that exactly two years from this day, I would give birth to Haven.




I think it just serves to remind me that no day is just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment