Thursday, January 5, 2012

Is it Winter yet?


Sonja keeps asking me if it's Winter yet. I know she's asking because she believes that it can't really be Winter until there is snow. 




When it snowed last February, Sonja just loved it. She especially loved eating the snow off her mittens (so superior to eating the ice out of the produce bins in the grocery store when I'm not looking - don't ask). She wasn't a huge fan of how cold the snow was or how chilled she became, but she loved the snow despite its flaws.




Today she asked me all about snowballs and making snowmen. "How does the snow stick to the snowball when you roll it to make the snowman?" "Hmm. Maybe all the snowflakes are friends and they just really want to hold onto each other." Her silence and semi-frown told me she was humouring my silliness. Oh well.



No comments:

Post a Comment