Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sonja draws Haven.


Sonja's drawing of Haven, dressed in her green fairy dress. I know, I know... posting your kid's drawing is a quintessential "Mom" thing to do. "My kid is so talented!" "Check out her use of different shades of the same colour!" "She put so much thought into this; you should have see her look of concentration!" Yeah, yeah... We've all been subjected to it; parents always think their kids' scrawlings are a sign of their future artistic genius.


Personally I just absolutely love this drawing for exactly what it is: the wispy arms and legs; the spiky hair that seems to sprout from Haven's eyeball; the oval-shaped outline with the line through Haven's torso (could not get an answer about that one); the mouth. 


I took this photo because after the picture had been on the fridge for a few days, Sonja decided she wanted to "add" to it and I was so scared she was going to ...well, wreck it. Sonja added some doodles all around the image of Haven and it all came out alright, but I prefer the original. 


Oh, and after writing this I realize that I'm totally guilty of talking about Sonja's look of concentration, attention to detail and use of colour. I knew I'd heard it somewhere...



No comments:

Post a Comment