Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Girl's best friend.


Is a love of shoes innate or learned? I'd honestly like to know, because both my girls have a magnetic attraction to shoes. It's fascinating. We went to one of my favourite shoe stores today and Sonja and Haven were practically vibrating with excitement the moment we walked through the door. 


At one point Sonja had three different shoes in her hands and was insisting that she needed them all. The look on her face told me that she was totally and completely serious; the world might come to an end without three new pairs of Converse.


Haven spent the whole time deciding on which colour shoes were best. She systematically brought every shoe within her reach down for a close inspection before tossing it aside and reaching for the next. She finally decided that the pink ones and the black-and-green ones were the best.


When I told Sonja that we were actually there to buy me some shoes, she gave me an injured look and said, "But we're always buying you shoes!" Uh no, Honey. You're confusing me with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment