Friday, April 1, 2011

They lie in wait.



Toys. It's a love-hate relationship. I absolutely love finding cool toys and buying them for my kids. Problem is, I'm often the only one who really likes them and my kids could take them or leave them. Their response is usually somewhere in the vicinity of "meh." And of course, they always love the toys I don't like all that much, or the toys that aren't really toys to begin with.


Spending a bunch of money on toys no one plays with is one thing. Injuring myself on the toys I've spent a bunch of money on that no one plays with is another thing altogether. Talk about adding insult to injury. 


Stepping on a puzzle piece with a sadistic little red peg in the middle, the peg finding the softest and most vulnerable spot on the soft, unsuspecting underside of my foot. Stubbing a toe on the Happy Apple, who in turn just rolls back to an upright position, jingling an innocent tune, smiling a jaunty smile. 


Evil.





No comments:

Post a Comment