Monday, May 2, 2011

Tell me again, Mama.

"Is Haven a little baby?"


"Well, she's still a baby, but she's getting bigger everyday. She's not a brand-new baby anymore."


"Did I used to be a little baby?"


"Yep. You were a tiny little baby. The most beautiful baby your Daddy and I had ever seen."


"I was in your belly, Mama?"


"You sure were."


"And I was really, really tiny?"


"Yes, you started out so, so small and then you grew and grew until you were ready to come out."


"And I came out at the hop-sital?"


"Uh huh. You were ready, so Daddy and I went to the hospital and the doctor and nurses helped Mommy and then you came out."


"And you were happy?"


"Baby, it was the happiest moment of my life."


"And Daddy was there too?"


"Yes and we were both so happy to see you!"


"I love you, Mama."


"I love you so much, Sonja. Thank you."


This is a conversation we had in the car today. We often have varying versions of this conversation, since Sonja loves hearing over and over about the day she was born. I've heard that this is very common with small children and I think it's just so lovely. I'm always happy to oblige.




No comments:

Post a Comment