Sunday, November 13, 2011

Corn.



On a blustery day, a movie and a big bowl of popcorn is a fun distraction. I know people call TV an electronic babysitter and I admit it looms in my mind when my girls are watching a movie or a show.

But in this case, I honestly think the popcorn was the main attraction.



Greasy little fingerprints everywhere, Jett's puddle of drool on the floor, the crunching, the munching, the crumbled remnants everywhere; some flattened underfoot, some stuck between the couch cushions.


I have wonderful memories of my Mom making popcorn when I was kid. She would make a huge bowl for all of us to share while we gathered to watch the Dukes of Hazzard or Knight Rider or when we would all play a game of Monopoly. I was never a fan of Monopoly, but I loved the popcorn.


Popcorn always meant that whatever we were doing was special; it transformed otherwise mundane events into traditions, which became lasting memories.


All hail the power of the corn.



No comments:

Post a Comment