Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sonja turns FIVE!

FIVE? Sonja is five? Wow. I used to imagine when Sonja turned five, mostly because even though I have memories of being younger, the majority of my early memories took root when I was five. Five also means she will begin Kindergarten this year and will officially leave Preschool - and babyhood / toddlerhood - behind.

For Sonja's party this year, we went to 4Cats Art Studio for a Pop Art Party. All the kids got to help Sonja create a huge, pop-art butterfly with watercolours and silkscreens. Each child also got to silkscreen their own canvas boards with a cat. They then painted them and took them home at the end of the party. It was a fun day and a great party; I've posted some photos for  you to enjoy.

But this post would not be complete without me saying that I'm still incredulous that the tiny baby born February 21st, 2008 is now such a big kid. When I look at her baby pictures, I feel like that baby was here only yesterday.

As I shake my head at how fast the last five years have flown, I'm also so excited for Sonja; she's a creative, sensitive kid with a wicked sense of humour and an astonishing memory (for everything besides the things Peter and I ask her to do). My every hope is that she retains her wonder and excitement and laughs as much as possible. 

...and listens to me. That would be nice. Happiest of Happy Birthdays, Sonja.























1 comment:

  1. An amazing day! Lovely post, SJ. Thanks for including us.

    ReplyDelete