Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Four years.

Four years. Four years! Sonja was born four years ago today and she is more beautiful every day. And brighter. And cheekier. And increasingly skilled at pushing all my buttons.

February 24th, 2011.
Breakfast shenanigans.

March 18th, 2011.
Chinatown.

April 28th, 2011.
Lunchtime shenanigans.

May 27th, 2011.
Snacktime shenanigans.

Sonja is sensitive, intelligent, imaginative, observant and loving. Full disclosure: she's also defiant, contrary and maddeningly particular. Basically, she reminds me of the child I was, which explains why my buttons are so easy for her to find.


June 11th, 2011.
Bike ride in Saxe Point park.

July 22nd, 2011.
Beacon Hill park.

August 13th, 2011.
Carnarvon water park.

September 8th, 2011.
First day of preschool.

And I wouldn't be a mother if I didn't point out how crazy-gorgeous Sonja is. I still find myself staring openly at her until she gets uncomfortable beneath my gaze and I have to explain that I'm just distracted by her beauty. She hates that and tells me I'm wrong, but lately I'm wrong about all kinds of things, so I usually just tickle her into submission.


October 27th, 2011.
Painting.

November 9th, 2011.
Dog walk at Highrock park.

December 11th, 2011.
Return of the pink tree.

January 14th, 2012.
First day of ballet classes.

Happy Birthday, my precious, precocious, stunning and talented girl. I love you bigger than the whole entire world. And contrary to your insistent objections, that's actually a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment