Sunday, October 31, 2010

Vegetables and candy.

We took a trip up to Peter's folks' today and spent some time in the garden.  Sonja got to pick some carrots, which is always a good time.  I love that we can still get amazing, freshly picked, organic produce from this beautiful garden at the end of October!  We came home with a bounty: corn, beets, green onions, carrots, italian parsley, broccoli, acorn squash and grapes.  Life is good.

Sonja helping Joyanna wash the carrots.

Enjoying the fruits of her labour: eating a freshly picked carrot.

Peas.

Gorgeous chard!


We're eating well tonight!

Grapes.

Today is also Halloween and this is the first time Sonja has gone trick-or-treating.  Her first Halloween, we were in Mexico for my best friend's wedding.  Last year, we had every intention of going door-to-door, but we ended up at our friends' house and Sonja and her best buddy just ended up running around the house and helping us hand candy out to the people who came to the door.  They didn't seem to miss going out, so we didn't worry about it.  So tonight, Sonja and I went up and down our street and she charmed everyone who opened their door.  I was only there as support; she was a pro.  She said "Trick or treat!" and "Thank you" and "Bye" and was just adorable.  And she cleaned up.  All her loot is currently up on top of the fridge "so the dog won't get at it."  Yeah right.  I shudder to think what would happen if we let her eat as much as she wanted...







And I guess it's only fair that if I post photos of Sonja in her costume that I post some of me in mine.  So here are two of me as a kid.  I'm guessing I was about six and eight, respectively.  

Happy Halloween.








1 comment: