Saturday, August 24, 2013

Inspiration.



Why is inspiration so fleeting? I have short, single moments of blinding inspiration on an almost daily basis. They are as hard to hold onto as those early-morning dreams dreamt right before the alarm goes off; there long enough to flood my consciousness with technicolour, then gone before I can even grasp what it was I was so excited about. This has been the case for months. Almost a year. Over a year..? I honestly can't remember.

Lately, I've gently berated myself for not just sitting down to write. Just do it. It may read like nonsense. I may hate what comes out, but who cares? The more I write, the more I write, and that's a good thing. 

...and yet I haven't written a word in this blog since April 6th, 2013. Sigh.

I've taken quite a few photos over the last four months; they are stating to pile up. Keeping them, filing and storing them is important, since I want Sonja and Haven to have them when they are older. I want them to look back at all our photos and be happy. But I was recently scrolling through some of those pictures and realized that although having the photographic record is amazing, there is no narrative to go along with the images. 

By far the best thing about this blog is that not only will my girls will be able to see themselves, they'll also be able to know a little bit about how I thought and felt at the time the photos were taken. Now that my Mom is gone, I find myself wishing I'd asked her more about how she felt about things and what her perspective was about events in our lives together. I will never know, of course, but that doesn't have to be the case for Sonja and Haven. That's pretty much all the inspiration and motivation I need.




My beautiful, hilarious and smooshy-sweet babies. My favourite thing about these photos is how hard we all laughed while looking through them after they were taken. Sonja was so focused on being a fierce snow leopard and Haven... I honestly don't even know what to say, so I'll just say thank you. Thank you for these facial expressions, Baby Girl. 

I love you both.







No comments:

Post a Comment